Norish plc is a third party multi-temperature warehousing and logistics business providing services to importers, manufacturers, wholesalers, retailers and distributors.
Norish plc was founded in 1975 and has been a public company since 1986. It is incorporated in Ireland and its shares are listed on the AIM market and it is also traded on the PLUS market platform. It operates in the UK from 6 strategically located sites and provides in excess of 56,000 racked pallet spaces, All of which are temperature controlled.
In order to provide integrated Supply Chain Solutions, strategic partnerships have been formed with a number of distribution companies to provide 'one-stop' storage and distribution packages for Norish's customer base, This approach ensures effective customer focused solutions are delivered by utilising the partners core competences.
All sites offer Storage (including bonded), handling, de-vanning, picking and packing, cross-docking and distribution with freezing and other temperature controlled services available from the cold stores.
Building long term relationships with customers through attention to their changing needs and the provision of a quality service. Norish is renowned for the superior performance of their operations, and the dedication and professionalism of their employees. The business is committed to ongoing investment in information technology and warehouse optimisation as a key means of maintaining competitive advantage.
The board and management of Norish believe there will be significant scope for further development leading to consistent growth in profitability.
They believe that this growth will be achieved through:
- Expansion of certain existing facilities
- Opening of new facilities
- Broadening the range of services provided
In October 2012, Norish plc acquired Town View Foods Limited, a protein commodity trading business based in Newry, Northern Ireland.
- Company founded 11th June 1975
- Joint venture between Irish and Norwegian investors
- First cold store opened in Castleblayney, Co. Monaghan
- Norish became a public company
- Listed on the Dublin and London Stock Exchange
- Norish Food Care Ltd enters GB cold storage market
- Bury St Edmunds cold store, acquired
- Irish operations expanded to 6 cold stores
- Norish opens its second UK site at Brierley Hill
- Wrexham cold store built
- Braintree cold store acquired
- Decline in Irish Intervention stocks
- Irish cold stores sold
- B W Agencies, commodity storage business acquired
- Sites at Belvedere, Felixstowe, Liverpool, Teeside & Hull
- East Kent Cold Storage Company acquired
- York ambient storage business acquired from RSH
- Belvedere site sold
- York and Wrexham sites purchased
- Operations terminated at Felixstowe, Liverpool, Humberside and Teeside
- Withdrawal from Commodity warehousing
- Remaining 6 sites re-branded as Norish Ltd
- Company focussed on multi-temperature food
- Norish acquire long leasehold of site at Gillingham in Kent.
- Converted to 6,200 pallets spaces of chilled and frozen storage
- Strengthens presence in the South East
- Norish open up operation in Leeds
- Converted to 4,000 pallets spaces of frozen storage
- Norish purchase long leasehold of Leeds cold store
- Brierley Hill & Wrexham sites obtain approval to handle export of Pigmeat to China
- Brierley Hill site re-planted with Ammonia Refrigeration
- Acquires Townview Foods, a protein commodity trading business, based in Newry, N.Ireland
- Wrexham site gains USDA Approval
- Freehold of Brierley Hill site acquired
- Foro International Connections founded; International food & non-food product sourcing for wholesalers, manufacturers and food service.
- York site sold
- New 100 pallet capacity Blast Freezer Suite constructed at Brierley Hill